Saturday, July 18, 2009

week 26

I finally got around to taking some photos of the latest scrumbles! Here is the one I did for week 26... actually, I had even finished it early, and displayed it (along with weeks 1 thru 25) at the Craft & Quilt Fair in Hobart a few weeks ago, so it is definitely about time that I got the photo up.

This scrumble is pretty much all in knitting. Initially I cheated a bit, because I started it with an orange wool swatch that was kicking around from years ago. Onto the surface of the swatch I added a twist of tubular knitting, then I picked up stitches in various places around the edge and added a few random knitted shapes. Some of these were done with a fabulous, chunky, beaded handspun yarn - a gift from a friend at Ravelry. Finally I edged around the square with a little crochet, done with a recycled sari yarn from Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment